2011 settings

Tons of settings in the game so post and discuss your favorites here!

Re: 2011 settings

Postby goldto5000 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:22 am

Shevitz wrote:I don't know what you consider old, but I'm 40, and I'd say if you're having success with those settings after only 3 weeks, you're in pretty good shape. I've been playing for almost 2 years, and these are the settings I currently use:

I use Asssist fielding, because I find it just a little too hard to get a jump on the ball coming off the bat otherwise.

Pitch Speed Basic+
CPU Pitching Hard-
CPU Hitting Hard-
Defense on Perfect and Baserunning on Normal (to keep CPU steal attempts at a realistic level)

Hitting Normal
Batting Point Normal (I've tried Real in batting practice a few times, and I'm still a little intimidated by it)
No aids

Pitch Point Normal

I don't know how these other guys can hit with the higher pitching speeds either. My eyesight and twitch reflexes have diminished as well.

I kind of try to keep one eye on the pitcher right until he's about to release, just long enough to get a clue as to what kind of pitch he's throwing, and then I shift all of my attention to the area over the plate. This seems to work pretty well for me.

Dragging up an old thread but I was curious. Although I would never consider playing Batting Point Real I have always used Pitch Point Real. Are you using Pitch Point Normal in 2012? Using Real always have wonder why I am always getting whacked. :mrgreen: Well I am getting better but I have to throw everything at the knees. :lol:
goldto5000
Participation level:
Participation level:

Postby NotoriousReignz » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:35 am

I turned assist fielding off this weekend, and wow is it hard, have to turn it back on. My outfielders always seem to take a step in the wrong direction, and I got hammered.
NotoriousReignz
Participation level:
Participation level:

Postby goldto5000 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:37 pm

NotoriousReignz wrote:I turned assist fielding off this weekend, and wow is it hard, have to turn it back on. My outfielders always seem to take a step in the wrong direction, and I got hammered.

For a real treat turn off assisted fielding and play with the flyball cursor off. Great fun. :lol:
goldto5000
Participation level:
Participation level:

Postby baseball66 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:08 am

I think it's possible to play with manual fielding but pitching from the batters view makes it much easier.
baseball66
Participation level:
Participation level:

Postby goldto5000 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:52 pm

Well I've been playing PYS for a bit over 4 months now. Got all the games they made for the PS3 save PYS5 I got 5K.

Without a doubt 2011 and 2012 look the best. I prefer 4-2010.

Using Batting and Pitching Point Real.

Pitch Speed Middle
CPU Pitch Difficulty Perfect. Seeing anywhere from 50-75% BP.
CPU Hitting Hard

Defense Assisted with Auto Cursor Change except for PYS4 which I play Manual Cursor.

I find Semi Cursor causes outfielders to go the wrong way on shots through the infield.

Heavy Ball where possible.
goldto5000
Participation level:
Participation level:

Previous

Return to User Settings Discussion